Are you prepared for the transition to ICD-10? CMS has released a video with 10 facts about ICD-10 to get your practice ready for the upcoming transition.
1) The transition date is October 1, 2015
2) ICD-10 has 68,000 codes
3) The process to look up a code is the same
4) Outpatient codes and office procedure codes use the same CPT codes
5) All Medicare fee-for-service providers will have a chance to test their systems with CMS before October 1, 2015
6) If your system is not ready to submit claims electronically by October 1, 2015, you can use ICD-10 codes with a free billing software, use the Part B submissions portal, or submit waiver claims
7) Only claims using ICD-10 codes will be accepted for services provided on or after October 1, 2015
8) Reimbursements for outpatient and physician office procedures will not be determined by ICD-10 codes
9) The cost of switching to ICD-10 may be lower than expected
10) Now is the time to transition to ICD-10!